Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How Do You Start One of These Things?

So, this is my first post for this blog. I'm just going to nick the first few posts I made on my Myspace account to make it look like I've got some content. This one's about two months old:


Ello!

Before I start rambling, i guess it's time for a brief introduction. My name is Justin Webb and I'm an Ass. Producer at EA-Mythic, working on the best MMO ever -- Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. Hmmm, I can never remember what kind of an Ass I am -- it's either ASSociate or ASSistant. Anyway, I digress.

I'm also the Strike Team Lead for the Item's Team.

I've had a MySpace page for a while now buy haven't really been doing anything with it, so I thought I'd begin filling it up with all my stuff.

Firstly, compared to, say, Paul, I do really boring presentations. I like to think it's because I don't get much practice because most of the Item's systems are either deeply unsexy or, until recently, TOP SECRET. As punishment, I've put a couple of Trophy presentations on the front page. So, to get some more practice, I'm going to start playing around with the little camera on the front of this Mac that is staring at me right now, and see if anything interesting pops out.

I've also made the cardinal sin of not having pre-written a huge backlog of material that I can roll out day-by-day to appear prolific, so the volume of initial content may be ... err ... sparse.

So, a bit more about me:

I'm part of the Mythic Brit Pack, but I've been in the States long enough for it to have ruined me.
Before this, I worked at Wizards of the Coast and worked on all kinds of things, including Magic: the Gathering, Dreamblade, and Axis & Allies Miniatures.
My first computer was a Sinclair ZX-81 and I've owned pretty much every, console, system, and computer since then.
For my sins, I've known Barnett for about 15 years.
Chelsea F.C. is the only team that matters.
Pirates,... it's definitely Pirates.
I am distantly related to Sir Francis Drake,
My favourite color is baby-poo orange. And my favorite invention is the bag.

As for my plans for this blog, on one hand, I'd like to give you guys some day-to-day insight into what it's like to work in the video-game industry, without giving away too many of the gory details.
On the other hand, i'm just as likely to blather on and on about movies, books, and games ... or what I'm playing, listening to, or arguing about.
Also, on the other other hand, It's sometimes good to have three hands.

One of my other nefarious plans for this site is to turn Mr John Luu (my trusty QA minion) into a SUPERSTAR!

I's also like to thank everyone who has already left encouraging comments in the few milliseconds between re-setting up my page and clicking "Post" for this blog.

WAR is coming, and its gonna be great.

Wavey

No comments: